ARTICLE I: OBJECTIVE
The objective of the Port Arthur National Little League shall be to implant firmly in the youth of the community the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority, so that they may be well adjusted, stronger and happier children and will grow to be decent, healthy and trustworthy adults.
To achieve this objective, the local league will provide a supervised program of competitive baseball under the Rules and Regulations of Little League Baseball. Officers and Directors shall stress the development of athletic skills over the winning of games.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
1. PLAYER MEMBERS: Any youngster meeting the requirements of Little League Regulation IV and who resides within the authorized boundaries of the Port Arthur National Little League shall be eligible for participation but shall have no rights, duties or obligations in the management or in the property of the league.
2. Fees for Player Members will be determined by the board of directors for PANLL.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND COMMITTEES
1. The Executive Committee will consist of the four elected officers;
2. Elections of officers will take place at the annual meeting and their duties will commence at the adjournment of the meeting.
3. One representative from each of the Minor, Major, Junior and Senior divisions will be appointed by the executive as Directors. These will normally be the league Conveners for the divisions.
4. The Umpire in Chief will be appointed as a Director.
5. One or two representatives responsible for league equipment will be appointed as Directors.
6. The Board of Directors will consist of the Executive Committee members and the appointed Directors.
7. The Board of Directors shall attend to the affairs of the organization during the interim between meetings of the organization but its actions shall not conflict with actions taken by the league.
8. Duties of the Board of Directors will be for a term of one year.
9. In the event of a vacancy occurring on the Board of Directors, the remainder of the board will appoint a replacement for the remainder of the term.
10. If the President resigns then the Vice-President will take over and a new Vice-President will be appointed for the remainder of the term.
11. Committees of the organization will be:
a) Financial Committee which will be chaired by the Treasurer and;
b) Rules and Regulation Committee which will be chaired by the Umpire-in-Chief.
12. The President may create special committees when a need arises.
13. The President will be an ex-officio member of all committees.
ARTICLE IV: MEETINGS
1. League General meetings shall be called by the President or upon the request of five (5) active members of the Board of Directors for the purpose of conducting league business.
2. The Annual General Meeting of the PNALL, at which the elections of officers will occur, shall be in the fall.
3. Quorum of the Annual General Meeting shall consist of more than 20 interested parties including the normal Quorum of the Board of Directors.
4. Advertisement of a General Meeting will occur at least one week in advance.
5. Minutes of meetings will be distributed to the Board of Directors and those who request copies.
6. Board of Directors meetings shall be called by the President or upon the request of three (3) board members.
7. Quorum of Board Meetings shall consist of five (5) board members.
ARTICLE V: AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION
This constitution may be amended at any PANLL meeting by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those present and voting provided notice was given at the previous meeting. It may also be amended at a special meeting called for that purpose with previous notice and a two-thirds (2/3) vote. Proposed amendments shall be submitted in writing.
BYLAW I: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. PRESIDENT: To co-ordinate and provide guidance in the League’s various activities and co-signs with the Treasurer on all PANLL expenditures.
Duties also include the following duties in the absence of volunteers;
The President may also act on the following in the absence of volunteers;
Special Projects: Which includes the co-ordination of fundraising programs, social functions and banquets.
2. VICE-PRESIDENT: To assist the President and to act (as President) in the Presidents absence. To supervise the placement of players on teams. Duties include the following in the absence of any volunteers;
a) Equipment Manager: To maintain the inventory of equipment and supervise its distribution and collection.
b) Scheduling: To coordinate the schedule for all divisions for regular season, play-offs and tournaments (if necessary).
3. SECRETARY: To maintain the league’s files and aid in the co-ordination of league meetings. Duties also include the following in absence of any volunteers;
a) Public Relations: To notify the general public regarding the league’s activities.
4. TREASURER: To maintain the financial records and resources of the league and to co-ordinate them. Co-signs with President on all PANLL expenditures. Duties also include the following in the absence of any volunteers;
a) Financial Committee: Which co-ordinates the acquisition of financial resources.
5. CONVENERS: Ideally, there will be one Convener for each division (T-Ball, Minor, Major, Junior and Senior), who will be responsible for the day to day activities of play in their divisions. These responsibilities include;
- Evaluation of players (except TBAII)
- Regular season schedules and practices*
- Play-off schedules
- Equipment requirements
- Coordinating with Vice-President
6. UMPIRE-IN-CHIEF: To co-ordinate the scheduling and payment of Umpires and to maintain the observance of the rules.
7. EQUIPMENT MANAGER: To maintain the inventory of PANLL equipment and supervise its distribution, collection and replacement (co-ordinating with President).
8. FIELD MANAGER: To line and maintain fields as required in addition to regular maintenance provided by Thunder Bay Parks and Recreation.
9. FUNDRAISING CO-ORDINATOR: To organize and co-ordinate fundraising. (ie Raffles, Nevada’s, Bingos, McDonald Blitz etc…..) Also maintains appropriate records for audit.
10. BANQUET COORDINATOR: To organize our September league banquet and awards presentation.
BYLAW II: RULES AND REGULATIONS
The league shall abide by the Rules and Regulations as outlined in the current edition of the Rule Book provided by Little League with the following exceptions:
1. Playing Rules and Regulations
2. Playoff Rules
3. Player Selection
b) Waiting List
BYLAW III: AMENDMENT TO THE BYLAW
These bylaws may be amended at any regular or adjourned regular business meeting by a majority vote of those present and voting, provided a notice was given at the previous meeting. They may also be amended at a special meeting called for that purpose with previous notice and a majority vote. Proposed amendments shall be submitted in writing.
March 27, 1995